TEST, MEASUREMENT & SIMULATION PRODUCTS
UHF BENCH-TOP & RACK-MOUNT SATSIMS
For more than two decades, SmartSAT's UHF satellite simulators have set the standard in test and measurement for government and prime contractor labs worldwide. Selected by DISA as the "gold SATSIM" for UHF SATCOM testing and embedded in the Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC) certification facility, SmartSAT's SATSIMs are used to evaluate and certify all UHF SATCOM radios prior to deployment and transmission over U.S. satellites.
Easy to use and incredibly reliable, SmartSAT's family of SATSIMS are designed for years of 24/7 operation. Available in one-channel, two-channel, four-channel and briefcase models.
• accurately simulates satellite characteristics
• selectable external or internal reference
• fully controllable signal and noise levels
• fully programmable propagation time delay
• internal white noise generator
• enhanced remote PC operation
• intuitive touch-screen display
• Legacy DAMA DC Mode CCOW and other options available
Just like its big brother, SmartSAT's Briefcase SATSIM features all the capability of a personal satellite channel but with the added benefit of complete portability. Equipped with a three-hour battery, removable touch-screen display, and onboard accessories, SmartSAT's Briefcase SATSIM is ideal for on-the-move SATCOM testing, including flight lines, shore-to-ship platforms and mobile SATCOM sites.
• three-hour battery operation
• external calibration
• ruggedized case
COMBINER ATTENUATOR TEST SET (CATS)
CATS is a consolidated RF signal combiner/splitter attenuator system that brings order and efficiency to the RF test environment. Designed to simulate conditions found in UHF SATCOM over-the-air RF transmission and reception, the CATS is ideal for testing environments that require networked radios and for training with multiple, simultaneous users.
• accepts up to six, simultaneous, 100 watt UHF uplink transmitter inputs
• provides programmable signal level control by channel
• combines downlink signals into a single RF environment
• allows for the insertion of noise from an internal broadband noise generator
• allows up to eight receivers to connect simultaneously via an eight-way downlink splitter
UHF SATCOM PRODUCTS
100 WATT EXCITER POWER AMPLIFIER
SmartSAT’s 100 Watt Exciter-Power Amplifier (EPA) is designed for use in both line-of-site (LOS) and SATCOM applications. Ruggedized and tested to operate in harsh environments, the EPA provides complete upconversion of a phase modulated 70 MHz IF input to the UHF band (225-400 MHz). The well-defined serial interface allows for complete remote control and status of the EPA, including frequency tuning, power output level, and Built-In-Test (BIT).
• ruggedized 3⁄4 ATR EPA weighs less than 25 pounds
• designed to operate with military platforms including aircraft and tracked vehicles
• easily integrates with radios operating with a 70 MHz IF interface
• utilizes either external or an internal 10 MHz reference
This versatile UHF amplifier operates on 120-250 VAC or 28 VDC and can be configured to auto select based on power available.
Designed for deployment alongside critical UHF SATCOM transceivers and receive-only terminals, SmartSAT's filtered preamplifiers allow users to separate receive antennas from radios and operate in close proximity with other communication systems while maintaining outstanding system sensitivity. Custom options available.
• low noise figure, high-gain amplifier
• built-in filters prevent co-site interference
• allows for increased sensitivity and performance of UHF SATCOM systems
• lightweight, ruggedized and water resistant
SmartSAT's custom Bias-Tee effectively supplies power to RF peripherals with intuitive current condition feedback, plus over-current protection and under-current indication.
SmartSAT's custom Reference Converter, or RC, converts a standard 10 MHz input signal to a phase-locked 32 MHz output. Designed specifically for legacy SATSIMs, the RC requires only a 12 volt DC power source and gives clear indication of system status.